I promise a return to blogging, which made thousands upon thousands of people cry out in unbridled joy (in my head, it looked like the audiences past of Oprah's favorite things episodes), and then I just...stop. Crickets are chirping, horns are being honked impatiently in the driveway...but, I'm nowhere to be found.
So, what's up? Well, life is blissfully boring...thank heavens. I go to work, sell herbs & potions to help folks feel better, and I come home. I get straight into my fattest pants (all pants are now categorically known 'fat, fatter, & fattest) and I lounge around like it's my second job.
Even so, there is some new stuffs going on...we just signed a long-term lease on a little farmhouse out in the country. We have several acres, a barn, chicken house, three buildings (one of which that would be perfect for some little goats someday!), lots of trees, big garden space, a long driveway, and our closest neighbor is a horse who wanders up to the fence every time he sees us out back. It's going to be perfect for us! Unfortunately, the last folks who lived there left the interior of the house in rough condition. That's actually an understatement. So, my handy hubby will be gutting the bathroom and installing new fixtures, re-drywalling the entire house, and putting in new cabinets in the kitchen. The clock is ticking against us, to add to the mountain of work. I'm not sure it will be done before baby girl gets here. But, that's okay...we're rolling with it. No worries. It will happen when it happens... I've long been saying that I want a small house on a few acres with a garden, goats, and chickies...and it's happening!
I was telling Christine a couple of weeks ago that I have some regret on choosing the name for this blog. Most shortened varieties are unavailable, so I went with my address thinking I could just buy the domain and shorten it with a dot.com. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble doing that. Since tupelo honey is a business for some folks out there, the domains are higher in cost. They're also more searchable...which is exactly what I didn't want when I got back into blogging. So, to make a long story short...I plan to move this party elsewhere in the next few weeks. I'll forward this address to my new space to help with the annoying task of updating links/bloglovin/emails, etc...and I'll extend my usual apologies... I guess once I made up my mind to do that, I just stopped showing up here. It's like a break-up of sorts. We're in that awkward phase...
Hope you are having a beautiful fall day! It's 60 & sunny here and we are heading out to the little farmhouse...
No comments:
Post a Comment