Thursday, October 24, 2013

*mercury went retrograde like sherman went thru atlanta

{w.t. Sherman*google images}
I know, I know...the world is a mirror, if you are positive- you see a positive world, and likewise if you are negative... But! I'm telling you, since mercury went retro on Monday morning, bad juju has reigned supreme!

There have been Mean Girls giving me the business... Normally, I do my best to avoid engaging their drama, but instead I found myself standing at the teller window sending that snark right on back to her. This bank handles my shop's account, which is good, because if it had been my account...there would have been a much longer process probably including branch managers, bad words, closing of the account, and finding a new bank. And probably waaay more snark. Actually, make that spite. Waaay more spite. Ugh...not my finest moment. People, I even did the exaggerated 'look behind and all around me' move when she said she made me come inside (read: waddle my big pregnant behind inside) to do a simple transaction normally taken care of via the drive-thru window because it was Monday morning and they were busy. I was the only one in the lobby and no one was in the drive-thru. When I called her out on that, she said it was their policy. I told her it hadn't been their policy in a year and a half, to which she responded hatefully, and I gave her a dirty look as I just stepped to the next teller...cutting her off mid-sentence. The new teller finished my transaction and I left without another word...until I got to my shop and called her manager. 

There has been sickness... Our little Maltese pup, Bella, isn't feeling well. We've had Bellarina/Ma Belle/Ba-dinka-dink since the summer after we lost Brooklyn. And even though she prefers Berg with grand displays of blatant favoritism...we all love her so much. We've changed her food in hopes that her little teeth have just gotten sensitive and we missed that she hasn't been eating as much. Dylan's chore is to feed the dogs, and we believe Bandit has just been eating both shres because while she's lost weight, in stark contrast, Bandito has become quite a little butterball. They're both so fluffy, we just didn't catch it. Either way, Monday she's heading to the vet to be checked out for sure.
{bella*2007}
There has been more sickness... A few years ago, Berg's wisdom teeth grew in all catawampus and the result is that it damaged his jaw teeth. Two of those broke off recently and he has been in pain. This morning, he had them pulled. It's not as fun as it sounds. 

I could list a hundred tiny things that have left me feeling pissy since Monday, but I won't. When I started this post, I was in line at the bank's drive-thru window. Not the Mean Girls bank, as I was in a neighboring town for Berg's appointment, but still the same chain. I was sitting there for the ten minutes before they opened...mentally preparing to deal with whatever drama I was surely about to be subjected to, but at the last minute I remembered seeing this yesterday...
{gabby bernstein*instagram}
So instead, I bid the teller a happiest of good mornings and she cheerfully returned it! The whole experience was completely terrific! We laughed and bonded over how her daughter & I share the same name, a mutual fear of spiders (there was a tiny one living in the sending unit (wait, what are those capsules in the suction tubes called?), as well as a serious sense of mistrust for all snakes. It was the vibe, people...I put out a good one and it came right back to me! 

Mercury may be retrograde until Nov 11...but I'm over that fact starting today! It's gonna be all about the happy vibes... 

1 comment:

  1. Well I, for one, am proud of your telling the teller like it is (or should be)! Banks are the devil anyway. Ha!

    ReplyDelete