Tuesday, October 1, 2013

*hello! welcome to my new space!

Well, my friends... I'm giving blogging another go! Thank you for coming to see us! If you're new to our circle, the 'About Us' section to the right might help introduce us. Just click on the little black dog and he'll take you there. If you're already familiar with us, you can expect to find more of the same here...we're no longer coastal, but we still walk on the sunny side of life here in the bluegrass state. I'm sure it won't take long for you to be back to laughing at and with us.

It has been almost two years since I dimmed the lights and exited stage left at my last site. I found that too much personal exposure online was just not for me or my family. It's still not. This time around, I don't plan to share my last name, location of my hometown, or natal chart. I also still have no interest in trying to land among the stars of blogging. The truth is... I've just really missed the connections I made here in blogland and as I journey ever closer to being a new mama again (fourteen and a half years later!) I find myself wanting another place to connect/reconnect with like-minded friendlies, record our new memories, and give a little space to the random thoughts floating around in my head.

So, about a month ago, a return to blogging had been on my mind, and as I was in bed playing Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison to the wee baby girl currently camped out in my uterus, I had a light-bulb moment. I checked for domain availability and possibly let out a 'Squeee!' as the stars aligned perfectly. The next day, I enlisted the help of my good, good friend, Christine from Nekaro, and she designed this fantastic little spot I've grown to love. The only thing left was choosing an open house date. I decided on October 1st because I dearly love this month and it has always been good to me. Seems like good ju-ju.

I suppose I'll keep it short and sweet today. I truly hope you come back to visit!!

Also,
 
...aren't you? 
{image via Pinterest, of course}

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You know I'm glad to have you back in the blog world. I missed your writing.

    I am definitely a fan of this 10th month of the year we celebrate. I would not want to be without October in my life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for prettying up the space! I would be lost in a sea of layouts and generic headers without you.

    Preach! Neither would I! Our favorite month! I'm eating pumpkin pie as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe me if I told you that I've NEVER eaten any pumpkin pie?!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful.
    So glad to see you. :)
    And I am definitely an October Girl.

    ReplyDelete